We are FSSAI License Renewal Consultants in Aranmula
The Food Business Operators seeking a new license or looking of fssai License renewal their existing license have to apply through application form B, so there is just one application form for either applying for a new fssai License or to renew the existing license of a food business.
An FSSAI license is thus the single most important license which are necessary for food business operators in India. All the eligible food operators like manufacturers, transporters, distributors, retailers, etc are also required to have an FSSAI license before the commencement of the business. But, it is not necessary only getting of an FSSAI license , infact it is equally important in order to renew your license from time to time.
The validity of an FSSAI license extends from 1 to 5 years and it depends upon the number of years which is chosen by the food operator. The cost of the license thus increases with the number of years applied for. Thus as per the FSSAI guidelines, you would need to apply for the renewal of the license within 30 days of the expiration of the existing one.
If however the renewal application is not filed within this time, then a penalty of Rs. 100 would be charged for each day of delay. Thus if the registration of the renewal of a license has not been applied for within the specified time, then the license is thus considered as expired and it is thus the business operator who also has to if his business activity is at the premises. The business operator then has to apply for a new license if they wish to restart their business. Therefore, it is advisable in order to renew your FSSAI license on the time in order to avoid penalties
Procedure for renewal of FSSAI license
1. In order to get fssai License renewal ,application for fssai License renewal shall be made in FORM B to the concerned central Licensing authority or the state fssai Licensing authority, based on the eligibility criteria for the food business..
2. The application shall be accompanied by a self attested declaration in the specified format declaring that he conforms/shall conform to the Food Safety and Standards Act,Regulations/Bye Laws and shall follow the guidelines on Hygiene and Sanitary Practices provided under Schedule - 4 of the Registration and Licensing Regulations, along with the requisite documents and requisite license fee.
3. The Authorities for fssai License renewal will carry out inspection of the food business.
4. The fssai License renewal shall be issued by the concerned licensing authority within a period of 60 days.
5. If from the date of making the completed application, a fssai License renewal is not issued within 60 days or the applicant has not received any intimation in this regard the applicant may commence his food business without waiting for further communication.
Based on Annual Turnover a FBO has to either apply for simple registration in FORM A with FSSAI or apply for a License given by FSSAI in FORM B.
Annual Turnover Below 12 Lakhs required Registration FORM A
Annual Turnover 12 Lakhs to 20 Crores required State License FORM B
Annual Turnover Above 20 Crores required Central License
Why you should get FSSAI License?
There is a high degree of consumer confidence in safety & quality of food.
It helps to promote innovation in foods products.
It helps in removal of multiple regulations.
It facilitates trade without compromising consumer safety & a larger share.
What is FSSAI all about?
Decentralization of licensing for food products.
Simple and easy issue of license with time frame of 1 month.
There is no license for small FBO's, only registration is mandatory
This act assures safety of consumer and ensures full compensation to victim in case of injury or death.
Food Business Operator must be registered.
If Food Business Operator is operating in more than 1 state, one additional Central License for Head Office is necessary.
Importers are allowed to take one single central license at their Import Export Code address.
One presumption with various types of businesses is eligible for one registration only.
Food Business Operator must obey the rules and conditions of registration.